Saturday 9 April 2011

Coconut and Banana Biscuits

This is a recipe that I simply MUST share. This one I found somewhere in the internet and wrote down and have used often however I can no longer find where I originally found it. If this is your recipe, let me know! I love it!

These little bickies keep really well and are so satisfying when you just need a little something. No sugar, no flour and completely vegan. Unfortunately they're not gluten-free due to the oats... but some people who are only slightly gluten sensitive can still tolerate oats!  I've tried them with rolled spelt instead of oats and they are delicious too! Healthy AND delicious. What's not to love?

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence (if you can try to use real vanilla bean paste for a far superior result!)
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 2 cups rolled oats (use rolled spelt if gluten intolerant)
  • 2/3 cup almond meal (even better with macadamia and walnut meals)
  • 1/3 cup shredded coconut (I've done it with fresh coconut and that is seriously ace!)
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • OPTIONAL: 200g dark choc bits (I just rough chop a block of Green and Black's 70 or 80%)
METHOD:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
  2. Combine banana, vanilla, and coconut oil
  3. Combine coconut, oats, almond meal, cinnamon, salt and baking powder
  4. Stir dry ingredients into wet
  5. Fold in chocolate bits
  6. Drop a tablespoon or two of mixture in dollops on a lined baking tray and bake for 12-14 minutes.
Yum. Seriously. And this is coming from a woman who isn't fond of the taste of banana at all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment