Monday 28 November 2011

My Magical Mango Smoothie

Goodness, I've been so slack!  I've been making lots of lovely things but have been to lazy to post them.  Tsk tsk, I deserve a smack.  Or two.

OH HOW FUNNY!  Believe it or not, but just after I typed that Petey came in and delivered said smack without even knowing what I was writing.  Good work.

In other news, somewhere between my last post and here, the seasons changed and Summer crept in!  Oh, Summer, how I love thee!  Despite my intense love of food, I love how you decrease my appetite so that I can enjoy the lighter meals with satisfaction.  Today's breakfast was time for the first smoothie of the season and what better base flavour for a smoothie than mango!

INGREDIENTS:

  • Ripe Bowen mangoes x 2
  • Lady finger banana 
  • Grapefruit (this provides the liquid element rather than milk or ice)
  • Chia seeds (1 tablespoon-ish)
  • Natural yoghurt (1/4 cup-ish)
  • Seeds of green cardamom pods (5 pods)

METHOD:

  1. Fry cardamom pods in dry pan over high heat until you can smell them.
  2. Peel mangoes, remove flesh and put in blender.  People have various methods of removing flesh from mangoes but I find it easiest to just hold it over a big dish and use my hands to squeeze everything off the seed manually.  Seriously more fun and more efficient!
  3. Peel banana, chop and add to blender.
  4. Cut skin and pith off grapefruit, chop roughly, remove seeds and add to blender.
  5. Extract seeds from cardamom pods and add to blender.
  6. Add yoghurt and chia seeds to blender.
  7. Blitz it to hell for a good minute or two.
  8. Serves two!



No comments:

Post a Comment